any Python equivalent of Math::Polynomial::Solve?

Just just at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 26 14:46:21 EST 2005

In article <cvqgn5$n0b$1 at e250.ripco.com>,
 jgamble at ripco.com (John M. Gamble) wrote:

> In article <just-420C1F.16423926022005 at news1.news.xs4all.nl>,
> Just  <just at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >While googling for a non-linear equation solver, I found
> >Math::Polynomial::Solve in CPAN. It seems a great little module, except
>
> Thank you.
>
> >it's not Python...
>
> Sorry about that.

Heh, how big are the odds you find the author of an arbitrary Perl
module on c.l.py...

> >                   I'm especially looking for its poly_root()
> >functionality (which solves arbitrary polynomials). Does anyone know of
> >a Python module/package that implements that?
>
> Are you looking for that particular algorithm, or for any
> source that will find the roots of the polynomial?

Any will do. As I wrote in another post, I'm currently only looking for
a quintic equation solver, which your module does very nicely.

> The
> original source for the algorithm used in the module is
> from Hiroshi Murakami's Fortran source, and it shouldn't
> be too difficult to repeat the translation process to python.

Ah ok, I'll try to locate that (following the instruction in Solve.pm
didn't work for me :( ).

Just