Chart Director?

Vincent Wehren vincent at visualtrans.de
Sat Feb 19 02:22:19 EST 2005

kdahlhaus at yahoo.com wrote:
> Does anyone here have experience with Chart Director
> (http://www.advsofteng.com/index.html)?   I'm thinking about purchasing
> it and looking for any feedback from the Python community.  Thanks

Since ChartDirector is not exactly open source nor found its origin in a
Python setting, my uneducated guess is that it will mostly be companies
that use ChartDirector.

However, from that vantage-point, ChartDirector is well-documented, has
lots of examples, and is great value for the money; it's pretty straight
forward, it covers all Python versions from 1.52 - 2.4, and the license
generally encompasses all other language bindings, too (all being at
version 4.0 except for the C++ version which is currently still at 3.04).

Still, you should just try it for what you are planning to use it /for/
and see if it meets /your/ specific needs.

--
Vincent Wehren