WYSIWYG wxPython "IDE"....?

Jussi Jumppanen jussij at zeusedit.com
Mon Feb 7 09:25:06 EST 2005

Luke Skywalker wrote:

> To me, the very fact that the only solution if you don't want
> to carry a multi-megabyte widget set with you (either wxWidgets
> or QT is to go the MFC way (which a lot of C developers seem
> to hate) through

Have you ever tried to use MFC in anything other than a
simple application?

MFC is nothing more than a poorly designed C++ layer over the
Windows Win32 API. One of it's greatest contributions to the
world of software development is it clearly demonstrates how
NOT to design a C++ application framework.

At least wxWidgets does offer an OOP look and feel, which is
no simple task given that wxWidgets is also a multi-platform
application framework.

Add to this the fact that MFC is no longer supported by
Microsoft (ie there will be no ew version or bug fixes for
future versions of Windows) and the choice is simple. I
would definitely not be choosing MFC.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows (New version 3.93 out now)
"The C/C++, Cobol, Java, HTML, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's editor"
Home Page: http://www.zeusedit.com