[EVALUATION] - E02 - ULTIMATE RECIPE TO RESOLVE ALL ISSUES

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Thu Feb 17 09:55:30 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:49:38 +0000, Stephen Kellett wrote:
> Incorrect analysis. This thread proves that you have no concept of how
> to interact with the community. If you had done what many people asked
> you to do, which is do some work yourself, then ask questions about the
> few answers you didn't discover yourself, you would have got lots of
> helpful answers. You were told this many times by many people. Also on
> the odd occasion someone did proffer some on-topic advice, sometimes in
> long articles that must have taken some time to produce you'd dismiss
> the article with "It is not on topic, I have not read it". How could you
> know if it is not on topic if you don't read it? Apart from the gross
> rudeness in such an attitude it demonstrates your arrogance, selfishness
> and utter contempt for those replying to you.

This is why I bailed on him, especially after the troll warning which
is now fully justified in my mind. I'm 99% positive that I could ship him
source code that meets every single one of his demands, and he'd *still*
be bitching and posting, because he *would not realize it*, because of
course he'd still have to read docs and learn how to use it.

Moderately on topic (not Python, but programming at least): The other day
I was talking to someone and I commented on how odd it is to write a
library, and *still* have to learn how to use it correctly. As the
author, at least I can change it as I learn more, but even so, I have to
learn how to use it; even as the author I am not imbued magically with
expert status.

I actually think that 95% of what Ilias is claiming to be looking for is
there, packaged up and almost ready to go. But he will never realize that,
since we can't jump him to expert status in a four-line newsgroup post,
so, *shrug*, he loses I guess.