[EVALUATION] - E02 - ULTIMATE RECIPE TO RESOLVE ALL ISSUES

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Thu Feb 17 14:25:14 EST 2005

Ilias Lazaridis <ilias at lazaridis.com> writes:

> This thread proofs simply the inability of this community [1] to focus
> on a simple essence.

Many communities extend a sort of "provisional membership" to new
arrivals, and grant newcomers the same respect and courtesy that
established members recieve. I make this distinction to point out that
you are not a member of the Python community simply because you posted
in a community newsgroup, but a newcomer with provisional status.
I don't speak for the Python community, but from the consistent nature
of the responses to your posts, it looks like your provisional
membership has been revoked.

Secondly, when two parties disagree about matters of etiquette, the
party that is new to the community is almost certainly the one who has
erred.

I think you could undo the damage you have done by spending some time
here, and learning that this is a community of intelligent, friendly,
humorous, and insightful people. Come with suggestions, and not
demands. Show us how you would like a community to behave, instead of
acting like we owe you something.

That's how we make the world a better place.

Nick

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')