Integrated Testing - Peppable?

carl.manaster at gmail.com carl.manaster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 12:47:43 EST 2005

Thanks, John,

I think there's a true, powerful, difference between inline tests and
external (albeit adjacent) ones.  I think the developer experience
should be superior with inline tests for several reasons:
- during initial development, without any navigation beyond the Enter
key, you flow directly from writing the test to writing the code that
implements it;
- later, on review, the tests have not moved away from the code they
test, so:
----if there are errors, the alarms show up right beside the erroneous
code;
----if you are looking for examples of how to call a routine, the
example is right there.

But I take your point; this doesn't belong in Python.  OK.  Thanks.

Peace,
--Carl