Multi-Platform installer generator

Nicodemus nicodemus at esss.com.br
Fri Feb 11 07:15:42 EST 2005

Hello list,

On windows my company uses Inno Setup to generate installers for our
products, and on Linux we usually use a simple shell script, but we
would like to use the same installer generator for both platforms.
Searching google turned up some multi-platform installers (mostly in
Java), but I gather that they require a Java VM installed in the target
system, and that is undesirable for us, since most system don't come
with a Java VM ready (or am I completely wrong in this aspect?).

So does anyone know if a multi-platform installer generator, that
generates installers with GUI and has no requirements on the target
system, exists?

Best Regards,
Nicodemus.