Big development in the GUI realm

Courageous dontwant at spam.com
Mon Feb 7 23:52:01 EST 2005

>Now, that's not to say that they are correct in their interpretation of
>the GPL's terms. In fact, if I had to bet on an outcome, I'd probably
>wager that the court would hold that only static linking would force the
>program as a whole to follow the GPL terms.

I just wrote and deleted a long diatribe. But then I realized you are
specifically speaking of the GPL's language. I once wrote RMS specifically
on this subject. Back then, he agreed that it was ambiguous. The language
of the GPL has changed over the years; and you are right: the court would
have to rule about the terms, quite specifically because it would be reasonable
to quibble over what rights have or have not been granted.

My long diatribe was on copyright law itself. Not pertinent.

Motion to strike and all that. :-)

C//