[EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May Python Helps?

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Sun Feb 6 04:46:57 EST 2005

Terry Reedy wrote:
> "Ilias Lazaridis" <ilias at lazaridis.com> wrote in message
>
>>>Then 'print html_doc_instance' can print the html doc corresponding to
>>>the object model.
>>
>>I understand this procedure.
>>
>>I would like to use a standard way, which uses the standard metadata
>>[implicit/explicit defined].
>>
>>Does such standard exist?
>
> I am not sure of what *you* mean by 'standard way'.

a formal standard (like e.g. ODMG for OODBMS).

a quasi standard (e.g. an widely accepted definition/inpementation etc.)

> That is probably
> because Python and the community is not big on 'standard ways' other than
> what is specified in the two reference manuals.

I would say this is a "standard".

Can one please point me to a downloadable version of the 2 reference
manuals (did not found them)?

> And even then, Python is
> intentionally flexible in various ways (though not all).

Flexibility is of course always very positive.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com