Stable GUI + wxPython memory leak

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Feb 16 20:31:12 EST 2005

Viktor wrote:
> I just noticed that wxPython is leaking memory?! Playing with
> wxPython-demo, I started with 19MB used, and ended whith almost 150MB
> used?!
> It's wxPython 2.5.3.1 running on Python 2.4.

On which platform?

And how are you measuring this apparent memory consumption?

And what happens (assuming you're on Windows) if you minimize
the window?  What does the memory usage show as then?  And if
you then restore the window but do nothing else with it?

Memory consumption is a very difficult thing to measure
properly in the best of circumstances, and if you're merely
running the demo it seems unlikely you're observing a real "leak".

-Peter