How to enable Python Scripts with MS IIS Web Server?

syed_saqib_ali at yahoo.com syed_saqib_ali at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 10:36:30 EST 2005

Hi. I have MS Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition.
It has MS Management Console 2.0, Version 5.2
and IIS Manager 6.0

I have a directory called "myDirs". Within this directory are 2 files:
1) index.pl (a perl script)
2) index.py (a python script whose first line is
"#!C:\Python21\pythonw.exe")

The webserver is listening on port 8080.

When I point my browser to http://localhost:8080/myDirs/index.pl, it
works... I see the output of the perl script.

HOWEVER,
When I point my browser to http://localhost:8080/myDirs/index.py, it
simply shows the python file as text. It doesn't interpret it at all.

How Can I get it to interpret the python file using the interpreter and
display the output in the browser?

Please explain each step in careful/excruciating detail because I'm a
windows Newbie.

-Saqib Ali