Python mail filter

Kartic kartic.krishnamurthy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 13:58:03 EST 2005

Mika,

Somebody else had a similar situation of having a script receive the
email and process it.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/1f26452835e51c71/e4d6c1efc9a71e39?q=&_done=%2Fgroups%3Fq%3D%26start%3D10%26enc_author%3DVUzGiykAAAD-rgSwZjnUEp_UDWM1Zk6AXwyJTPpMwlh8flm6PB9npBRJrLIi5sMmhFscvSzxHxE%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#e4d6c1efc9a71e39

This is my response to that post and the latter half may help you.

One thing you must remember is once you pipe the email to your script,
it is considered delivered. If you want to script to process and also
receive the email into a user account, you have to list the recipients
in your .forward file. If you want to process the email through your
script and _then_ send it to a user, I think the only way would be to
send the email from your script to next intended recipient.

Thank you,
-Kartic