Eclipse best/good or bad IDE for Python?

Jean-François Doyon jfdoyon at methane.ca
Fri Dec 2 09:05:06 EST 2005

I'm a big fan of Eclipse and reocmmend it to anyone who asks :)

No one can say any one is the *best*, since it's a matter of taste,
but it's pretty darn good.

The main benefit IMO is it's felibility ... Eclipse is a *framework*,
that can handle lots things quite well, like HTML (If you're coding
python for the web), C/C++ (If you're building extensions), XML if
you're using that, and so on ... All from within one application, all
with common paradigms.

The handling of RCS' is also common ...

I use Eclipse + PyDev + Subclipse everyday!

Of course I never could get into Emacs ... It's incredibly powerful too
though ... Why move away from it?  Is it missing something you need?

+1 on eclipse from me!

J.F.