ANN: DecInt 0.4 and processor specific GMPY binaries

casevh at comcast.net casevh at comcast.net
Mon Dec 19 20:45:57 EST 2005

I've released a new version of DecInt that fixes a bug in
multiplication. Anyone using version 0.3b or earlier should upgrade.

DecInt implements fast arithmetic on large decimal integers. For
example, it can calculate the decimal representation of the largest
Mersenne prime, all 7816230 digits, in just a few seconds.

I've also compiled processor-specific binaries of GMPY. I have versions
for AMD 32-bit processors and Intel Pentium 4 processors. The Pentium 4
version is approximately 4x faster than the default version of GMPY.

DecInt and the experimental GMPY binaries are located at
http://home.comcast.net/~casevh

Enjoy,

casevh