How to create linked list automatically

Dave Hansen iddw at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:13:17 EST 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:51:39 +0000 in comp.lang.python, Simon Brunning
<simon at brunningonline.net> wrote:

>I haven't the time (or inclination) to sort out all your problems
>here, but one thing jumps out at me:
>
>On 12/19/05, Shahriar Shamil Uulu <shamilsons at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> class Node:
>>     def __init__(self,name=None,next=None):
>>         self.name=name
>>         self.next=next
>>
>>     def __str__(self):
>>         return str(self.name)
>
>Your Node classes str() prints the instances self.name attribute,
>which is set by an optional named argument on the initialiser...
>
>> w=[]
>> for i in range(10):
>>     node=Node(i)
>
>... but you aren't providing this argument when you build your Node objects...

Actually, he is.  Look closer.

As /F pointed out, his problem is in the linking.  By making a small
modification to his code, I was able to get it to print

   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 None

As (I assume) was expected.  I'd post the code, but the margin is too
small to contain it...  Besides, I'd like the OP to figure it out
himself.

Regards,
                                        -=Dave

--