Favorite flavor of Linux? (for python or anything else)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Dec 4 23:45:29 EST 2005

In article <mailman.1576.1133738735.18701.python-list at python.org>,
Christoph Haas  <haas at debian.org> wrote:
>On Sunday 04 December 2005 19:56, Aahz wrote:
>>
>> Of course, one can use Debian-testing, but that isn't packaged, and
>> I want a packaged OS.
>
>You probably mean that Testing (the upcoming "Etch" stable release) is not
>yet available as a "stable" release. But actually that doesn't make much
>difference. From my personal experience most of the time 'testing' is
>hardly less stable than any Ubuntu stable release. Ubuntu is just easier
>to install and maintain because it has less bells and whistles and
>provides a ready environment without needing much knowledge.

What I mean is that there's no stable ISO for Debian-testing, such that
there is a CD available that means something.  With Ubuntu, there is a
named release with ISO and it's stable.

"Don't listen to schmucks on USENET when making legal decisions.  Hire
yourself a competent schmuck."  --USENET schmuck (aka Robert Kern)