PythonMagick on Windows

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Mon Dec 5 16:51:32 EST 2005

Adam Endicott wrote:
> Claudio Grondi wrote:
>
>>Why is PIL *(Python Image Library) not suitable to do the graphics?
>>
>>http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
>>
>>Claudio
>

> I am using PIL for some other things, but what I need ImageMagick for
> is to convert a PDF into a series of jpegs (one per page). Its the only
> tool I've found to do this at a good enough resolution.

FWIW: I tried PythonMagick for a while, but soon found that large or
complex images caused it to consume excessive memory and sometimes
crash, taking my application with it.  I switched to the command line
interface to isolate my application from problems in
Graphics/ImageMagick.  Everything ended up much more robust that way,
and the time cost is small--it's on the order of milliseconds.

Shane