PythonMagick on Windows

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Mon Dec 5 15:21:41 EST 2005

Adam Endicott wrote:
> Claudio Grondi wrote:
>
>>Why is PIL *(Python Image Library) not suitable to do the graphics?
>>
>>http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
>>
>>Claudio
>

> I am using PIL for some other things, but what I need ImageMagick for
> is to convert a PDF into a series of jpegs (one per page). Its the only
> tool I've found to do this at a good enough resolution.

What about GraphicsMagick. The package seems to be not very easy to use
even if a COM ActiveX object is available for Windows and there is an
executable with command line interface, but the documentation is poor.
Originally derived from ImageMagick 5.5.2 it is available at:
   http://www.graphicsmagick.org/

I would be glad to hear how to do convert a PDF into a series of jpegs
if it will become possible using it.

PythonMagick interface to ImageMagick seems to be no more supported and
if I remember it right, there was shortly a thread about it not really
helping to work with it on Python 2.4.2 - that is how I came to know
about GraphicsMagick.

Hope GraphicsMagick can what ImageMagick could, so this hint turns out
useful.

Claudio