Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Mon Dec 19 20:41:11 EST 2005

Mike Meyer wrote:
> Benji York <benji at benjiyork.com> writes:
>> Perhaps it's off-topic for this thread, but I think "picking a
>> database" is the first mistake most people make.  It's a form of
>> premature optimization.
>
> For lots of problems, that's true. But not for all of them.

If the data you store and update is sufficiently valuable to your
enterprise, picking a database may be vital.  Transactions guarantee
every update either happens or not, and infrastructure is provided
for you to be able to backup and restore the data you've obtained.
If you don't get transaction guarantees, your applications will have
to deal with all kinds of inconsistent data (either by ignoring the
problem or guessing the best answer).

--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org