ANN: Dao Language v.0.9.6-beta is release!

Zeljko Vrba mo.dor at fly.srk.fer.hr
Sun Dec 11 03:05:49 EST 2005

On 2005-12-11, Rick Wotnaz <desparn at wtf.com> wrote:

> Make a grocery list. Do you terminate each item with
> punctuation? Write a headline for a newspaper. Is

actually, I do. i write as much as fits in one line and separate items
with comma.

> may find Python's set strange at first. Please try it, and
> don't fight it. See if your objections don't fade away. If
> you're like most Python newbies, you'll stop thinking about

I'm not Python newbie. I wrote a good deal of non-trivial python code,
and I still don't like it and still find it very annoying.

> brackets before long, and if you're like a lot of us,
> you'll wonder what those funny squiggles mean when you are
> forced to revert to one of those more primitive languages.

Actually, after I learned Python, I value "funny squiggles" in other
languages even more. It's very annoying, for example, that I can't split
a long line in the following way:

print a + b +
  c + d
print "other statement"

I guess I'm required to insert some unneccessary () around the long expression
to disable the white space parsing..