Favorite flavor of Linux? (for python or anything else)

BartlebyScrivener rpdooling at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 22:53:30 EST 2005

>>Hmmm... I'm not an expert in this subject but isn't Ubuntu based on
Debian? <<

I'm no expert either. I've played with Ubuntu and Debian, and Debian
seemed infinitely more stable, and also, for me, Debian installed more
easily.

Since it's a python board I'm most interested in the python
implications. I thought you could use, say, a stable Debian
distribution, and still download the newest version of Python to run on
it. Is that not so?

bs