Favorite flavor of Linux? (for python or anything else)

malv malvert at telenet.be
Mon Dec 5 02:21:55 EST 2005

In theory, this would do. I have tried this several times in the past
and found it very impractical to have to live with two Python versions
on the same system, given that Python, like also Perl, is used by so
many components. I may have done many things wrong but experience
taught me to better simplify things and live with one python version
only. It mainly depends on the (huge amount of) time you can afford to
straighten out avoidable problems.

I must say that since python 2.3 and 2.4 I never tried dual setups
anymore. Indeed, Debian would be my preferred distro if it weren't for
python 2.3.
malv