Indentation/whitespace

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Fri Dec 23 15:46:22 EST 2005

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:51:23 -0700
Dave Benjamin <ramen at lackingtalent.com> wrote:
> +1 on the preprocessor idea, especially if it would allow
> us to hook in  at the AST level as well. (No comment on
> the curlies. ;)

Only +0 on it myself, but I do know of a use-case -- certain
types of web-templating frameworks can be easier to use if
the inserted code can be put on one line.

Some people have been agitating for some way to do this with
Python for some time (on Zope lists), and a preprocessor
would provide a means for them to get what they want.

OTOH, I have been able to manage with the way things are. It
encourages good separation between templates and code, which
is supposed to be a good thing according to the "Zope Zen".
;-)