Application Portability?

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 03:53:02 EST 2005

I *think* that Python for the Palm platform is stalled a bit (Pippy).

PythonCE is alive and well. Tkinter works quite well as a GUI front end
- but you have to work quite hard to build a usable GUI on a PocketPC
screen.

For a list of resources see http://www.traybor.com/PythonCE/

Luke Dunstan has *just* ported CTypes to the Windows Mobile platform
(and I think there is already a win32gui module anyway). This means it
ought to be possible to create a GUI using the native win32 widgets.

The latest version of Python on the windows CE platform is 2.3.4 -
although there are rumblings of a 2.4.2 port.

All the best,

Fuzzyman