Application Portability?

Dody Suria Wijaya dodysw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 04:34:28 EST 2005

from your story, it seems that your apps has client and application
server separated by XMLRPC, which requires network connection all the
time. Then based on this assumption, IMHO, the simplest way to port to
PDA would be via web browser, which available natively on every PDA, and
thus very easy to deploy.

Otherwise, currently to run client application on windows mobile/CE for
real-world commercial deployment, I couldn't find the best way other
than to build it via whatever language/SDK that's native in that
platform. Which almost always in C/C++.

For python on PDA, I have only the chance to try on Linux Familiar on
Windows PPC 2003. Which require flashing the OS inside and have to cope
with long start-up time. It also lacks the libraries available on normal
platform (for me, wxPython) forcing me to use GTK, and the performance
wasn't really snappy which is understandable since the cpu is also
slower. But for simple apps, might be fast enough.