[EVALUATION] - E04 - Leadership! Google, Guido van Rossum, PSF

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 28 04:00:07 EST 2005

Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
>> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>> <cut>
>> So I guess you volunteer http://www.python.org/psf/volunteer.html ?
>
> I volunteer and contribute already (with a general validity and python
> specific analysis)
>
> A mediator should communicate the findings and suggestion (after
> verifying them) to the responsibles / community:
>
> http://lazaridis.com/efficiency/process.html#mediator
>
> This would include to pass the relevant ones to the list you've mentioned:
>
> http://www.python.org/psf/volunteer.html
>
> -
>
> TAG.efficiency.process.mediator

Last time I checked a "mediator" otherwise known to me as a
communication manager, is only effective when he/she is recognized as
authoritative by the participating group _and_ him/herself.

As from other posts I read that the last part is the issue, well since
this is a voluntary bunch of people with a slightly social democratic
architecture you fall back on spokesman and that can be anybody,
including or perhaps even especially you.

The only thing that holds "you" theoretically back is "acknowledged
authority by the participating group _and_ yourself" and of course the
resource for "restricted" information.
For the first part you got my vote, for second, well that should grow in
time.

--
mph