[EVALUATION] - E04 - Leadership! Google, Guido van Rossum, PSF

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Wed Dec 28 06:30:28 EST 2005

Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>> Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
>>> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>>> <cut>
>>> So I guess you volunteer http://www.python.org/psf/volunteer.html ?
>>
>> I volunteer and contribute already (with a general validity and python
>> specific analysis)
>>
>> A mediator should communicate the findings and suggestion (after
>> verifying them) to the responsibles / community:
>>
>> http://lazaridis.com/efficiency/process.html#mediator
>>
>> This would include to pass the relevant ones to the list you've
>> mentioned:
>>
>> http://www.python.org/psf/volunteer.html
>>
>> -
>>
>> TAG.efficiency.process.mediator
>
> Last time I checked a "mediator" otherwise known to me as a
> communication manager, is only effective when he/she is recognized as
> authoritative by the participating group _and_ him/herself.

ok

> As from other posts I read that the last part is the issue, well since
> this is a voluntary bunch of people with a slightly social democratic
> architecture you fall back on spokesman and that can be anybody,
> including or perhaps even especially you.

ok

> The only thing that holds "you" theoretically back is "acknowledged
> authority by the participating group _and_ yourself" and of course the
> resource for "restricted" information.

what do you mean by "resource for "restricted" information"?

> For the first part you got my vote, for second, well that should grow in
> time.

second part = "resource for "restricted" information" ?

-

(you can use private email if you prefere. If so, I will post an summary
back to the thread).

-

[sidenote: I am currently preparing diagramms, which will demonstrate
the several processes more clearly.]

.

--
http://lazaridis.com