ANN: pygene - genetic algorithms package

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Dec 10 17:23:46 EST 2005

eXt wrote:

> I'm really happy to see that someone is working on Python based GP
> implementation :) I'm currently trying to get into GP world (I'm the GP
> newbie you talked about :P) and, as I'm a Python programmer, I look
> towards Python based solutions. Unfortunately there are no active Python
> GP projects (maybe except Pyro, but I'm not sure how GP is implemented
> there) so I'm forced to play with Java based systems, which isn't what I
> like.
>
> Are you able to give any approximated date of PSI release?

Unfortunately I can't give a precise date.  If I have the time, a
polished working system with at least the basics should only take a week
or so to finish up.  Unfortunately, I have a big deadline coming up in
my day job, so I'm probably not going to get much time to work on it for
the next week or two.  Hopefully I'll have a basic system ready by New
Year's, but I can't really make any promises.  The best way to encourage
me to get it done is probably to keep me talking about it :-).

   You are my martyr / I'm a vestige of a revolution
   -- Lamya