How to get the local mac address?

bonono at gmail.com bonono at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 05:59:52 EST 2005

Steve Holden wrote:
> Nope, but I can make inferences, whose correctness you can choose to lie
> or tell the truth about. I was merely trying to make the point that your
> response failed to further anybody's understanding of anything. I'm not
> really bothered *why* you do what you do.
That is nice try. I said I am not, you can fit it as "I am lying". As
for failed or not failed, I don't know what anybody want to get out of
it. I just curious why there is no such function in the socket model,
when I saw a "OS dependent" implementation of getting MAC. Nothing
more. And your answer that there is not sufficient need for putting it
in the standard libary(for the maintainance work needed), answered my
puzzle.

> I asked "Why should you want to associate a MAC address with a socket?"
> and you replied "Say for example I want to find out the MAC if a
> particular interface in python". Fine. But if you don't want to engage
> in a dialogue, why bother posting at all?
Huh ? You ask why, I come up with an example. I said it all started
with curiosity, not out of need. I don't see why it is not a dialogue.
You think that it is not because it doesn't meet your expectation
answer(thus your "you are supposed" response), that I can do nothing as
that is your right or thought.