How to get the local mac address?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Dec 15 05:42:01 EST 2005

bonono at gmail.com wrote:
> Steve Holden wrote:
>
>>bonono at gmail.com wrote:

>>>That is nothing but curiosity of why there is no such thing. I didn't
>>>start a thread with "what the xyz@!% hell that I cannot get MAC address
>>>through the socket module".
>>>
>>>And I answer things the way I want to, if it does fit your expected
>>>answer, there is nothing I can do. I am not here to convince you.
>>>

>>Temper, temper.
>>

> you can read my temper from what I write ?

Nope, but I can make inferences, whose correctness you can choose to lie
or tell the truth about. I was merely trying to make the point that your
response failed to further anybody's understanding of anything. I'm not
really bothered *why* you do what you do.

I asked "Why should you want to associate a MAC address with a socket?"
and you replied "Say for example I want to find out the MAC if a
particular interface in python". Fine. But if you don't want to engage
in a dialogue, why bother posting at all?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119