Amara (XML) problem on Solaris

Alan Franzoni alan.franzoni.xyz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:46:47 EST 2005

Doru-Catalin Togea wrote:
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'create_document'
> bash-2.03$
>
> Any ideas what is going on?

I would say it's a problem with the Amara installation on Solaris. I've
never used it, but maybe it's a package from another source which acts a
bit differently.

Also, are you sure the code is correct? I've taken a peek at the Amara's
website, and the create_document() function seems to lie within the
binderytools module. I think the line should look like:

doc = amara.binderytools.create_document()

or

doc = binderytools.create_document()

or simply

create_document()

depending on the way you imported the module, but your previous code, if
really working on Windows, makes me think you did something like:

import amara.binderytools as amara

or something like that?
Please post some more code, if you can.

--