const objects (was Re: Death to tuples!)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Dec 14 06:17:09 EST 2005

Gabriel Zachmann wrote:
[...]
> It seems to me that implementing that feature would be fairly easy.
> All that would be needed is a flag with each variable.

It seems to me like it should be quite easy to add a sixth forward gear
to my car, but I'm quite sure an auto engineer would quickly be able to
point out several reasons why it wasn't, as well as questioning my
"need" for a sixth gear in the first place.

Perhaps you could explain why the absence of const objects is a problem?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119