IRC sockets and queries

Heiko Wundram modelnine at bit-bukket.org
Fri Dec 30 05:27:41 EST 2005

Jay wrote:
> ok have this program and i set a socket 2  connect to the server...so i
> can chat on the channels and stuff. my question is how would i go about
> set a socket directly 2 an individual query?

Don't take this the hard way, but this question doesn't make sense, and your
source code does neither. It's riddled with inconsistencies and errors, and
I can only barely grasp the fundamental concept behind it...

Anyway, before taking on a project of this size I'd recommend you to do
something smaller in Python and get yourself aquainted with the language
(and maybe programming in general). Python is a language with a shallow
learning curve, but still you must master several things such as
classes/instances/everything is an object/docstrings are string before
being able to programm successfully.

Why not start with the tutorial at www.python.org and work your way up from
there?

--- Heiko.