ANNOUNCE; Try python beta

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Tue Dec 20 06:24:45 EST 2005

Mike Meyer wrote:
> Ok, I've given it the interface I want, and made it less of an
> attractive nuisance.
>
> http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/try_python/ is now ready for people to
> play with. There's no tutorial information on it yet, that's the next
> thing to do. However, I won't be able to work on it for a while, so if
> you want to make suggestions about what that should look like, all
> such suggestions will be given proper consideration.
>
>     <mike
> --
> Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org>			http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
> Independent WWW/Perforce/FreeBSD/Unix consultant, email for more information.

Very nice though a little tedious to use ;)

Working on Windows XP behind a proxy ( trying both Mozilla + Internet
Explorer ) and typing

>>> 1+2

results in a HTML request in the output field of the console:

<head>
<title> Data Transfer Status Report </title>
<META http-equiv="Refresh" content="1;
URL=http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/try_python/GGTSPU-fw1.gdm.de-1305-446462-DAT/python.sbox?%3E%3E%3E%201+2">
</head>
<h2> Data Transfer Status Report</h2>
<hr>

etc.

The interesting issue is the provided link. Copying the HTML output
into a file and executing it opens a file transfer connection. The
result is as expected:

   python.sbox

It contains the correct result: it is 3 :)

Kay