i need your help

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Dec 19 02:48:36 EST 2005

emrah gün wrote:

> hi.i dont know it is true or not to write you about that.I ve problem to
> run phyton in my personal computer.I install it and there is no error
> when installing but when i want to run pythonw.exe, no
> window opened.Only i can run python.exe in dos shell when i click.when
> cilicking to w9xpopen.exe gives an message saying can not run...I am
> using winxp as an operating system.I wonder how can i over come that
> stuation as a new python learners.If you help me to overcome to such
> problem i will be so happy...
>  Thanx for reading that e-mail, and sorry for taking your time..
>                       Emrah GÜN
>        Middle East Technical University, Computer education and
> instruction technology department  1st year student.

Everything sounds fine, Emrah. The pythonw executable is intended for
running programs with a GUI - if you run them with the standard
(python.exe) executable a redundant command window appears.

You might also want to look at iPython,

   http://ipython.scipy.org/

which is an enhanced interactive Python shell that works well on
Windows. Welcome to Python!

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119