Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

Paul Rubin http
Fri Dec 23 03:12:55 EST 2005

Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> writes:
> RMS has said precisely the opposite, in fact.
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/11/msg00217.html

I guess you mean:

> [RMS:]
> As for the more general question, we think that a program that uses
> Emacs facilities needs to be GPL-covered, but a program that just uses
> the Lisp language could have any license--it is not affected by the
> license of Emacs.

Hmmm.  That seems to say that calling Emacs-specific editing
functions, doing stuff with buffers, etc. implicates the GPL, but
writing a general purpose Lisp program (non-Emacs-specific) and
running it under Emacs does not.  That's different from what I'd
thought he'd said about it before, which was that Lisp code that only
used the documented Emacs API didn't implicate the GPL.  Thanks for
the link.