Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

Paul Rubin http
Thu Dec 22 04:28:44 EST 2005

Richie Hindle <richie at entrian.com> writes:
> Paul, you keep making comparisons between Python web frameworks and the
> Linux kernel.  Are you aware that there is a special note attached to the
> Linux GPL[1] explaining that user-space code is not considered a derived
> work of the Linux kernel?  Without that note, user-space code *could* be
> considered a derived work of the kernel (obviously, or Linus Torvalds would
> not have included the note).

I don't think that note is part of the license.  It just clarifies
what's already inherent, since probably a lot of people asked.  If the
note were really necessary, then the license would not be GPL, it
would be "GPL plus note".  In that case it would be impermissible to
insert any strict-GPL code into the kernel and distribute it.  Since
there is such code in the kernel (FSF code even), I think there's no
problem even without the note.