PyHtmlGUI Project is looking for developers

phoenixathell at gmx.de phoenixathell at gmx.de
Tue Dec 27 06:46:07 EST 2005

Because embedding KHTML means that you have a GUI application that runs
on a special operation system.

But what we propose is that you can write a web application in the same
way like your GUI application and it appears like a "normal" GUI. Web
application means in these case that you have a application that has a
browser as a frontend client. The idea itself is a little bit like XUL
for mozilla. But there you are dependent to the mozilla browser.

Our main goal is plattform independence. Because our user are using os
x, linux and windows side by side and therefore we needed a os
independent system. As we started Qt was not around as open source for
windows.

Now you could ask why we didn't choose something like LAMP. The answer
is quite simple, we didn't want to fiddle around with html and some
embedded stuff or even worse with cgi scripts. So the result is a kind
of a abstraction layer that handles the normal web stuff but can be
programmed like a gui.

As a result the application programmer doesn't have to bother if it is
a web application delivered through a webserver or if it is a gui
application delivered through X11 or other pixel painting engines.