Request opinion on web application framework

Thomas TSIZEMORE2 at nc.rr.com
Sun Dec 4 08:14:43 EST 2005

Hello,

I am new to web programming but have some experience in technical
programming in Python and other languages.  I need to build a networked
program which I would like to first deploy on an intranet and later on the
web which provides access to a few technical applications, two document
management systems (simple types), a database search tool and maybe in the
future a groupware client.  All data will be stored in a database.  I want a
common portal for all of these functions.

Can anyone recommend a web framework for such an application?  I have looked
a little and most seem to focus on CMS type applications instead of
technical programs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards.