Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Fri Dec 16 18:37:52 EST 2005

"chuck" <cmedcoff at gmail.com> writes:
>> "it would make Python more popular" isn't an adequate
>> justification for a change
> I disagree.  The world desperately needs programming languages,
> frameworks, etc. that allow for the more efficient creation and
> maintenance of software application - web or otherwise.  I happen to
> think that Python is something that could help.  With this regard the
> popularity of Python seems relevant to me.

I think Python is popular enough that it's not going to
vanish. Once you've reached that point, further popularity doesn't
helop your cause.

>>and *certainly* not for a change that is
>> otherwise undesirable.
> please explain

It's conceivable that a change might make Python more popular and also
detract from the language in some way. For a ridiculous example,
making Python interpret Perl 6 would certainly make it more popular,
but I would argue that would seiously detract from the language.

    <mike