why does php have a standard SQL module and Python doesn't !?

seb.haase at gmail.com seb.haase at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:55:39 EST 2005

Hi,
I thought I would quickly write a
"SELECT * FROM ... " line in python ...
... but then I was suprised to find that the only "official" web page I
found was mainly linking to the PEP on HOW the DB API2.0 should look
like.
Then there is a choice of maybe ten modules which more or less all
claim to implement 99% of that PEP.

What is the best (easiest ! quickest !) way to get started doing some
SQL in Python ?
(I have mySQL running on a Linux box in our Lab and would like to
access it from Windows (or MacOSX) on some other machine also in the
same subnet)

Sebastian Haase
UCSF