ANN: Dao Language v.0.9.6-beta is release!

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Dec 4 06:40:19 EST 2005

Ed Leafe wrote:

> > That depends on your editor. Mine (vim) can be instructed to insert
> > the appropriate amount of spaces on a tab, and remove them on a
> > backspace.
>
>      So let's say that you are using 4 spaces as your standard, but
> by accident type 5. You hit backspace, which deletes 4 spaces, and
> you now have to mentally compute the difference in order to keep
> things aligned.
>
>      See, I can make up bizarre scenarios where spaces cause
> problems, too.

what's bizarre is that you're using an editor that don't understand how
blocks work in the language you're editing.

(in good python editor, tab means "move to next indentation level"
and backspace over a "virtual tab" means "move to previous indentation
level".  if indentation is represented by spaces or tabs or both in the
resulting file is a serialization issue...)

</F>