ElementTree - Why not part of the core?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Wed Dec 7 18:26:53 EST 2005

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:
> as I've said many times, if the Linux folks can build distributions that con-
> sists of thousands of individually maintained pieces, the Python distributors
> should be able to handle a few dozen components.

Yes, but "distributers" is not necessarily "maintainers". How many
components are there in the Activestate Python distribution?
Enthoughts? Others?

The maintainers of Linux/gcc/etc. don't worry about creating a
distribution that includes lots of third party software. Why should
the maintainers of Python be any different?

    <mike