Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Dec 2)

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Dec 4 21:24:24 EST 2005

>>> Why is this a "treasure" when it is way out of date?
>>
>> Note that the updated version of this is at: http://wiki.python.org/
>> moin/HowTo/Sorting
>
> http://wiki.python.org/...

Read the message more carefully.  Mail wrapped the URL - if you put
it back together, it'll be there.  To make it easy, try:

<http://wiki.python.org/moin/HowTo/Sorting>

<http://tinyurl.com/bkwf7>

> [...]
> Maybe I should Goole python.org  What was the google syntax to
> limit the search to one site?  I forgot.

It's "site:", but even if you just left that out and used
'wiki.python.org sorting "how to"', the first link is the one you're
after.  Laziness is no excuse.

> Wikis suck.  Update the damn docs.

The documentation *has* been updated.  If you read the Python 2.5
documentation (build it, or wait for Python 2.5 to be released),
you'll see that it points to the Wiki.

=Tony.Meyer