Windows Services

Mondal msmondal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 04:59:15 EST 2005

Hi,

Every one please accept my thanks.

I have stopped using Python IDLE. Know I am using Pythonwin IDE from
Active State. They have the same core modules. But the Pywin32
extensions are a plus from Active State.

The problem is that the Pywin32 Documentation is incomplete/incorrect.
The modules by Mark Hammond are in .pyd and not in .py. The
documentayion on Active's web site is also incorrect. Here is a code
snippet from the IDE

import win32service
>>> ws=win32service
>>> ws.CreateDesktop()
Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: CreateDesktop() takes exactly 4 arguments (0 given)

And here is the prototype from the documentation

win32service.CreateDesktop
PyHDESK = CreateDesktop()

Creates a new desktop in calling process's current window station

The documentation does not mention any arguments, yet there is a
TypeError.

The source code in C at Pywin32 extensions homepage are of not much
help.

So, how do i use win32 extensions?

Regards