Please enlighten me about PyPy

Luis M. González luismgz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:07:52 EST 2005

Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:

> Actually, one of our current rather wild ideas (which might not be
> followed) is to be able to even use RPython to write extension modules
> for CPython.

I don't think this is a wild idea. In fact, it is absolutely
reasonable.
I'm sure that creating this translation tool was a titanic task, and
now that you have it why not using it? This is a treasure that opens up
many possibilities...
Even if Pypy ends up being not as fast as intended (I hope not!), the
fact that you guys created this translation tool was well worth the
effort.

Thanks again for your explanations and keep up the good work!
Cheers,
Luis