ANN: Dao Language v.0.9.6-beta is release!

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 04:07:49 EST 2005

Antoon Pardon wrote:
> Op 2005-12-06, Ben Sizer schreef <kylotan at gmail.com>:
> > Of course. However I would argue that indented scope is one way of
> > doing so. Scope is instantly visible, and no longer a game of 'hunt the
> > punctuation character, which is in a different place depending on the
> > coder's style'.
>
> There are situations in which indentation is not that visible.
>
> The problem is that situations arise where your code can't be
> read continuously. e.g. it can be spread over pages in a book.

Write shorter functions ;)

> Other situations arise where indentation alone isn't a clear
> indication of how many scopes are left.

No, but I find it's only a tiny bit worse than in C++/Java, where I
usually find myself adding a comment at the end of a block anyway, just
so that I remember what exactly is coming to an end at that point.
(Although again, this might be telling me that my function is too big.)
That transfers to Python where necessary.

--
Ben Sizer