python university search

josh indiankid at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 20:12:45 EST 2005

[pardon me if this is not the appropriate list]

hello,

i am interested in doing an undergraduate major in computer science
that mainly focuses on python as a programming language..

i am not a very bright student and neither do i have the money to
think about universities like caltech, stanford etc. i am looking for
a university that is easy to get admitted in and yet i can get good
knowledge and education out of it.

also english is not my first language and i feel that acts against me,
but i do have a strong desire to learn.

i have read the tutorials in python.org and understand the python
programming syntax but i feel that only a computer science class is
going to teach me how to program and apply advance concepts.  if any
of you happen to know good video tutorials or self study materials or
tips  that can act as an alternative to going to college, would you
please mind sharing or selling for something reasonable.

thanks,
--josh