Documentation suggestions

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Dec 7 19:32:08 EST 2005

rurpy at yahoo.com wrote:

> > wasn't the idea to get rid of the language reference altogether, and
> > replace it with a better introduction ?
>
> Can an introduction provide the information the language
> reference provides (or maybe I am misunderstanding what
> you mean by introduction.)

from the post that opened this thread:

    "Perhaps we need a friendlier counterpart to the RefGuide, something
    like the 20-page introduction to Python at the beginning of Beazley's
    Essential Reference:

      * go over the statements one-by-one
      * go over the basic types and their methods
      * go over object semantics
      * cover some of the lexical material in chapter 2 of the RefGuide
      * overarching principles: go into a fair bit of detail, but
        not every corner case; make the text readable, not meticulously
        precise."

</F>