Documentation suggestions

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 20:38:48 EST 2005

Aahz wrote:
> In article <x9udndsHOJABpAreRVn-iQ at speakeasy.net>,
> A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:
>
>>So now we're *really* stuck.  The RefGuide doesn't describe the rules;
>>the PEP no longer describes them either; and probably only Guido can
>>write the new text for the RefGuide.  (Or are the semantics the same
>>and only some trivial details are different?)
>
> Raymond Hettinger (and/or maybe one of the metaclass wizards) can
> probably also write it, with Guido editing after.  That might produce
> even more accuracy in the end.

I'm not a metaclass wizard, but I have submitted a few doc patches
trying to address some of the inaccuracies in the description of
new-style classes and related matters:
     http://www.python.org/sf/1123716
     http://www.python.org/sf/1163367
The problem is that they don't seem to get accepted (even when
accompanied by positive comments).  And unfortunately, I don't currently
have time to do the 5 reviews for 1 deal offered by some of the
python-dev folks.

STeVe